Monday, January 28, 2013



   A GOOD REASON TO QUIT!



Center for Disease Control
Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration. The NSDUH Report: Use of Menthol Cigarettes. Rockville, MD; 2009
3 U.S. Surgeon General, 2012 Report “Preventing Tobacco Use Among Youth and Young Adults”
4 Dr. Alfred McAlister, University of Texas School of Public Health


Some Helpful Resources

uCenter for Disease Control
uAmerican College of Cardiology, Cardio Smart™
Text “Prevent” to CARDIO (227346) to get 120 messages over 2 months to help you quit smoking

uLive Tobacco Free Austin
  Resources and tips for quitting; tobacco & smoke-free   housing and more
uSeton Healthcare Family
  Smoking Cessation Classes
            or call (512) 324-2762

uNational African American Tobacco Prevention Network


We want to hear from you!
What’s your status?
1. I will never start smoking.
2. I do smoke, but have made up my mind to quit.
3. I have quit and there is no turning back.
4. I am encouraging someone I love to quit.

Reply Options
To respond text atxnotobacco with a space and then your response (1, 2, 3 or 4) to 84444 (text charges may apply)














No comments:

Post a Comment